the couch

becoz it all becomes clear here!

Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Uganda Exposed - the final episode

I come to the close of my very short career in photography with these pictures of the Bungee place in Jinja. (Still can't remember the name)

Well I didn't bungee but I did binge. Later.
First up is this route map (ish) to Egypt via the Nile. Actually, it's a board where the guys who feel mountainous but can't get to a mountain come and test their spidey skills. Nick/Nik/Spidey will love this.

This is just in case you can't handle the bungee jump or the rapids of the Nile. You can call mummy dearest.

There's the 'launch pad'. 'Bladders' are fungwad kwa mguu and you jump all the way....down! and dip your head in the waters of the Nile.

That's how it looks from below! Notice the Nile beer bottle. That's the bungee for the drunks. Bungeee(hic)eeeeee!

That is where you dip your head. Are you seeing that little blue boat (on the left)? That's where you collect your 'remains' after a successful bungee.

Yours untruly 'down there' chapaing a pose for the camera. I was actually looking at the deadly view of the Nile from there.

Cheki that view msee. If you threw an empty Smirnoff bottle, it would get to Egypt after like a few months. I think we were told a couple of months. SIKUMBUKI!

Up theeeere, is the place we binged.

This shot made my day. I placed the camera preca...pre-c-a-r-i-o-u-s-l-y on the blue boat/raft/canoe/whatever and skipped back up like 30 steep steps to quickly pause for this shot. Then I had to rush back down and retrieve the camera before it wound up in the Nile and eventually Egypt...on a date like today's.

More views from the 'ground' level.



These were from up above.
Kuleeeeeeeeeeeeee, ndio Egypt msee! Can you see a pyramid?


Look at the bumble bee...ding'oing'o for others. And for the ladies, how cuuuute? woishe!

Sun was setting and it was time to hit the road, and I manged to beat some nice sunset shots. Ideal for closing this show of mine and leaving camera work to the like of Easy Going Man (LOL) and Mocha and..and...yes you hapo. Usiangalie nyuma...wewe...



Normal, wordy posts resume soon. I'm done with UG for now. I did TZ the other Dec but nilikuwa masikini sikuwa na kamera, so memories are in my head.

Verdict.

1st Place - Kenya...like duh!
2nd Place - Tied, Ug and Tz...like duh!

In all honesty, every place has it's own uniqueness. Example, when it comes to landscapes and peeps (despite everything I love our people) Kenya tops. When it comes to parrey harrey and constant fun things to do cheaply, Ug tops. When it comes to a place that's easy and relaxing...I'm definitely heading for Dar.

All in all, EAST AFRICA TOPS!!!!

Just as long as I can get a place to take my madness to, I'll love it.

9 Comments:

  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger egm said…

    Just when I was hoping we'd get first dibs at your National Geographic pictures, you go and quit on us! Sitakubali! These sawa pics you take, we need more of them.

    The UG pics have made me want to go there again (last I was there was '94) and see what it's like today.

    Asante for the images!

     
  • At 9:57 AM, Blogger Princess said…

    Lovely pics!!! Looks like you had a blast!!

     
  • At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Bunjee and binge have different spellings. Heheheheh if you do one you may not have done the other one, then again are they mutually exclusive?

    Thanks for sharing your trip for free - freeloaders galore! hehehehe!

     
  • At 2:09 PM, Blogger Kabinti said…

    LOL I had forgotten that word..ding'oing'o kmao

     
  • At 11:21 AM, Blogger Farmgal said…

    Sasa lets elewana Modo ..this maneno of teasing peeps with your pic aint funny. Tumelewana? Weka bisha watu waone!

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger modoathii said…

    farmgal, siwezi weka. ndio wajue mi ni celeb mgani? LOL! i wish. rather, i wish not.

    egm, kuna vile that's not my calling. ni tu vile nilikuwa na kamenje inadii. temebea ug msee, uganda tourism should pay me for the free marketing.

    princess, muenjoyo to the max.

    methu, mtalipa. kuna vile. i know where you live.

    kabinti, that word or insect bugged many a kid back in the day.

     
  • At 2:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for posting these lovely pics. It was truly a labour of love.

     
  • At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Lovely pictures as usual.

    Thanks for the sunset ones.

    Still trying to get a perfect full moon picture.

    Alafu....I hope you aint putting that kamenje away. I want to see more pics.

     
  • At 8:56 AM, Blogger ? said…

    Thanks for the pics. So reminds me of home. Hope to see you around.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home