the couch

becoz it all becomes clear here!

Sunday, March 04, 2007

Uganda Exposed - Episode 2

Previously on Uganda Exposed...the trip down (or up) with it's ups and downs.

This episode...Of Beaches, B***hes and a Paparazzi's shamble' abode

These were taken on my trip to Ebb. I must say the view was worth every shot. However i got too much exposure for my 36 exposure film. Can somebody make a 72 exposure film please.

Is it a bird?


Is it a plane?


No it's modo...


And his crib...

(Check out the pimped ‘dream mobile’. Low rider with 4-inch 'wheels'. So when I come home high, i'm still low) Plus in case some dude decides to come home and frolick with my wife, he can't hide under the bed.

Haiya after that short commercial, let the show begin.


This is a building block kule watoto wa Makerere hupiga makelele. We made a detour to pick my pal's chick who is a 'riot-abiding' student.


This building also in Makerere reminds me of the 'patch' primary and the duke of gloucester (sp) school where I attended to 'chase' away my ignorance. I didn't have a tour guide as qualified as I, so sijui ni nini hii nyumba.


Now this structure is...er...is....si mnajua ile iko kule Uni ya Nairobi? Basssss! Hii ndiyo ya Makerere sasa. I have no inkling of a clue called an idea what the crap this is.


The clock tower. Quite impressive. But from the back seat of a coupe I couldn't quite get a 'character-building' shot. Yap the chick was in the front seat and I was relegated to the back.


The road to Entebbe isn't ati 'paved' with breathtaking view liiiike that. But i managed to sneak in one, or two... no, one shot!

The Beach...


Finally we arrived. If you look straight ahead you see...



We were discussing how we will buy that and make it our private island...just before global warming checks in.


Notice the benches in the water. I thought it was a cool idea to have seats in the water. My pal corrected me by telling me that, it isn't a design. When the seats were first put there wasn't any water, but the 'tide' checked in later. O-oooh!

To your right...



There's a train coach kule juu, mnaiona?


Hii! Okay my 20-20 vision has issues so now can you imagine through the camera. Like camera like owner.

To the left, to the left...there wasn't much view to die for...(okay I lie, kuna vile hiyo negative ilitoa, well, a negative picture. So instead i give you this not-very-to-the-left picture...


Now that I had gotten acquainted with the beach, time to know the rest...


I like calling this the monkey boat.


This guy is the resident paparazzi. When we sauntered in he sniffed choomz and made small quick steps towards us but when he spotted the camera I unleashed (National Geographic quality) he kunjad sura and hopped away. He couldn't measure up. LOL!


Can you see that bird? There's a bird. Honest.

Aaargh! Sawa! Then check out these paparazzi moments with THEE birds.


They walked in one by one...


They walked in, two by two. Others were already 'two'...

I'll save you guys the commentary now.
















Okay, Ugandan ladies pride themselves with proper dressing and the like, but after seeing this 'mama' I beg to differ.


And for the motherly there was this little indianese toi flying all over the place...





And then I was busted.


It wasn't me.

Then I was about to attack the many 'fish in the sea' when I spotted this...


DARN!

The only fish I could now attack with gusto (big word alert! big word alert!) was finger-licking good.


YEI!

And that was that from Ebb. Oh, the guy happy with all this is THEE Ug homie.

Next episode, the TZdian revealed and a career in the making.

Commercials (we have to pay our bills)


(visit Milo for more ads)

Labels:

19 Comments:

  • At 3:44 AM, Blogger egm said…

    Great pics Modorazzi! Looking forward to more from you.

     
  • At 4:16 AM, Blogger Aizoh said…

    Hizo mbisha ni deadly! Sure you dint smuggle a UG babe back home? Not bad at all, not bad at all.

     
  • At 7:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thanks for your great blog. I live in London but not a day goes by without me thinking of Uganda. I wonder what it is about the place. Keep the blogs coming!

     
  • At 9:22 AM, Blogger Komi said…

    So no hiding under the bed? That mama with black mitoki, ai, anaharibu scenery. Then ati they walk in two by two and others already 'two' ha. Nice photos and a funny commentary...

     
  • At 3:43 PM, Blogger jm said…

    very nice indeed. UG kuna "hewa" nzuri inaonekana ...

     
  • At 12:34 AM, Blogger Farmgal said…

    That busted one is tha best kwangu!

     
  • At 2:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    EGM, ati Modorazzi hehehehe

    Hiyo dream machine Pimp my bed ni kali yaani. Naiprint na kupelekwa kwa fundi animakie kaa hiyo tu! No hiding under the bed...tihiiii Sasa vile naona io casa, kulihapen nini kuuta vitu na fujo namna hio mzeiya? Lo! Na hio tenje inakaa kaa yangu iligondiwa kwa neiba juzi. hehehe

    Those submerged seats are a plot, you can swim and rest your laurels at the same time hehehe sasa na hio ya train si uframe na uuze hapo haile selassie junction, hiyo ilinibamba. Na sasa zaa hao machickdee...lo! Na ile ya fashion police...hebu uliza janta uko pulse...nais!!!

    Keep them coming!

     
  • At 4:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    nice pics modo!!!

    i can see you are joining the KE Bloggers Photographers Club mdogo mdogo.

    Keep 'em coming!

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger The Black Mamba said…

    I'm working on a post about Uganda. And you seem to have taken a picture of what I'll be blogging about.

     
  • At 10:50 AM, Blogger Girl in the Meadow said…

    Hey Modo! kujienjoy mingi. Chunga Uganda

     
  • At 11:05 AM, Blogger Archer said…

    Modorazzi? Hehe! I'm liking the photos. Naona UG ulijienjoy vi deadly

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Blogger Princess said…

    Awesome pics!!! The fish and chips look delicious!!!

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger 3N said…

    good photos...didn't know UG is hiding so many goodies. a trip will be in order soon.

     
  • At 6:28 AM, Blogger Klara said…

    U know what! This pix are so real! Great photography

     
  • At 8:12 AM, Blogger bantutu said…

    Ehe!! Daddi uliamulia washee...Hihihi!! "Kula na camera tu.." Hihihi!! Picha ni sawa! M-Tii-Zed ametegewa mbaiya!!

     
  • At 7:53 AM, Blogger bomseh said…

    maze those are nice pics. I didn't know lakes have beaches considering I grew up in R.Valley and have only been to R.Valley lakes and salt water lakes at that.

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Blogger Sue said…

    M! your crib is cute but untidy.. I love the bed more..
    Pics are gr8!! I had started kufikiria hazitawai come.. phew!! at last!!

     
  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger BITCH said…

    lolest...made very funny reading. it usually nice to your country from another point of view

     
  • At 7:22 AM, Blogger BITCH said…

    lolest...made very funny reading. it usually nice to your country from another point of view

     

Post a Comment

<< Home